Student Direct Stream (SDS) Program which streamlines the process for Philippines, Vietnam, China & India
What is Study Direct Stream (SDS) Program
The Study Direct Stream (SDS) Program is a program that will speed up the processing for the full-time studies attending universities and colleges in Canada for Filipinos. The SDS Program is supported by Scotiabank, a leading Canadian financial institution. Scotiabank will provide eligible students with the opportunity to purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC), which will satisfy the financial statement requirements of the SDS program.
SDS Program Requirements
Students applying for a program under SDS must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Admission to a full-time program in a publicly-funded post-secondary institution such as universities, colleges, institutes or CEGEP;
- An IELTS score with a minimum band of 6 for each ability (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) taken within the past two years;
- Purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank of CAD$10,000 to cover living expenses for the first year of stay in Canada;
- Proof of payment of the tuition fee for one (1) year; AND
- Upfront medical examination at least one week before submission of the application.
Advantages of applying under SDS
The major advantages of applying under SDS are:
The streamlined visa process for all SDS eligible institutions.
- Less financial documentation.
- Faster visa processing time.
What are the advantages of studying in Canada?
A safe and healthy environment for students
Work while studying
Eligible for Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)
Opportunity to Apply for Permanent Resident in Canada
Do have any question on Study Direct Stream?
You are welcome to contact us for free counseling.
Whatsapp us at 9896123000 for any query if you have.