IRCC – GIC Canada changes w.e.f 01-04-2019. Have you started hearing news about the revised amount for GIC to study in Canada? We are going to share below what we know as of now:
IRCC from 1st of April 2019 is revising GIC amount from CAD 10000 to CAD 20000.
IRCC is planning to expand SDS globally, simultaneously to all countries, by April 1, 2019, with the following changes:
• Reduced processing times
• Applicants will no longer be required to provide proof of tuition payment;
• Applicants will be required to provide a CAD 20,000 GIC;
• The list of IRCC approved banks that provide GICs and their corresponding information will be removed from our country-specific checklists;
• GIC from any bank listed under the Canada Deposit Insurance Company (CDIC) list that offers a student GIC meeting IRCC criteria will be accepted;
• SDS will be open to all types of Designated Learning Institutions;
Letter of Acceptance Verification Project
IRCC addressed about International Student Letter of Acceptance Project:
- LOA fraud is one of the most common types of fraud
- Centralized hub verifies the authenticity of letters of acceptance (LOAs) with issuing DLIs
- To date, the project has completed over 5,000 LOA verifications, of this nearly 10% of LOA, verifications were confirmed to be either fraudulent, altered or no longer valid and nearly 9% received no response from the issuing DLI
We’ll keep you updated on this. you all as soon as we hear more. Also, request you to proceed and lodge your case at earliest.