9813216000 info@turningpoint.in

New Post Study Work (PSW) Visa in the UK

New Post Study Work (PSW) Visa in the UK

PSW – Finally – Good news from UK for Indian & International students – Stay for 6 months extra to find a job if doing a Masters course. Scheme extended to 23 more UK Universities – Excellent Christmas Gift from UK.

The 23 universities are:

Cardiff University
Goldsmiths University of London
Harper Adams University
Newcastle University
Queen’s University Belfast
The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
University of Bristol
Durham University
University of East Anglia
University of Edinburgh
University of Essex
University of Exeter
University of Glasgow
University of Leicester
University of Liverpool
University of Manchester
University of Nottingham
University of Reading
University of Sheffield
University of Southampton
University of Wales Trinity St. David (Swansea Campus)
University of Warwick
University of York

A pilot which is looking at streamlining the process for international Masters students wanting to study in the UK has been extended to an additional 23 universities, Immigration Minister Brandon Lewis announced today.

Currently in its 2nd year with the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge, Bath and Imperial College London, the pilot will streamline the process for international students looking to study on a Masters course of 13 months or less in the UK.

It also provides greater support for students who wish to switch to a work visa and take up a graduate role, by allowing them to remain in the UK for 6 months after they have finished their course.

Universities taking part are given responsibility for eligibility checks, meaning that students can submit fewer documents than required in the current process alongside their visa applications.

The most recent Home Office statistics show that the number of students applying for visas increased by 8% over the past year, and there has been a 9% increase in the number of students applying to Russell Group universities.


One thought on “New Post Study Work (PSW) Visa in the UK

  1. can i get post study work permit after graduation and if yes then how long?
    can i apply for master in related field though i had completed master?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *